We provide a free, bespoke recruitment service to multi-academy trusts matching senior, director-level candidates from the business sector and the professions. We tailor the service to the trust and provide a dedicated, expert Regional Adviser to guide you through the recruitment process. The service is tailored and recruitment takes a minimum of 6-8 weeks. Take a closer look at Pontefract Academies Trust to find out more.
To recruit board members via the Academy Ambassadors Programme:
- Eligible MATs (with 3+ schools) should register on the website and complete our role specification form in order to specify the skills required for the board and the challenge ahead. If you are a small growing MAT you may also be eligible but please call 0207 952 8556 to check before completing any forms.
- Discuss the board requirements with our team of expert Regional Advisers to determine your recruitment strategy.
- The Academy Ambassadors Programme team will promote and advertise the roles and provide you with a shortlist of candidate CVs to review.
- Interview your shortlisted candidates.
- Offer the role to the successful candidate(s) and conduct vetting and reference checks.
- The Chair must be available to discuss the board requirements with our team of expert Regional Advisers to determine your recruitment strategy.
- SATs and small MATS with no growth plans should use Inspiring Governance, which provides ‘self-service’ web-based board recruitment.
New board members automatically become part of the Ambassador network, connecting our board members from trusts across England.
The Academy Ambassadors Programme Guide to Recruiting provides more detail on the specific skills and experiences non-executives can bring linked to the trusts' stage of growth and development and the trusts 3-year plan. Download the free guide here.