Who are the Regional Schools Commissioners?
The National Schools Commissioner and Regional Schools Commissioners (RSCs) work with school leaders to promote and monitor academies and free schools.
The eight RSCs are:
- Sue Baldwin: East of England and North-East London
- John Edwards: East Midlands and the Humber
- Vicky Beer: Lancashire and West Yorkshire
- Janet Renou: North of England
- Martin Post: South-central England and North-West London
- Dominic Herrington: South East England and South London
- Lisa Mannall: South West England
- Andrew Warren: West Midlands
Regional Schools Commissioners act on behalf of the Secretary of State for Education and are accountable to the National Schools Commissioner. RSCs work closely with a number of partners, including leaders from the education sector, Ofsted, local authorities and local dioceses.
Each RSC is supported by a headteacher board (HTB). HTBs are made up of experienced academy headteachers and other sector leaders who advise and challenge RSCs on the decisions they make.