Great trustees build, grow and sustain great academy trusts. This guide offers advice on how to attract and recruit new independent trustees to your trust from the world of business and the professions.
The need to recruit can happen at any time or stage in a multi-academy trust’s development and is likely to have been driven by one or more triggers, such as:
- Significant change is planned or underway and new skills are needed on the board
- A skills audit or board review has identified new/additional skills or capacity is required
- A review of the governance structure of the trust has led to a restructure of the board
- A vacancy arises leaving a gap in skills at board level.
Recruiting the right non-executive directors to the board is just as important as recruiting the right staff in the trust and its academies.
This free guide is for trusts – particularly growing trusts that want to attract and recruit new independent non-executive directors or trustees to their boards from business and the professions.
The guide will be of interest to:
- Multi-academy trust chairs;
- CEOs and other senior leaders in MATs;
- Chairs of Governors, Head Teachers and Business Managers in single academy trusts and maintained schools considering establishing a MAT.