Primary assessment in England - baseline rollout, and developing assessment beyond reception and for children below the national curriculum standard
This conference will examine the next steps for primary assessment in England, looking at:
- The national rollout of the baseline assessment;
- The future for primary assessment beyond reception; and
- Assessment of children below the national curriculum standard.
Speakers and chairs
There will be keynote contributions from:
- Jon Gibson, Member, NASEN Advisory Group and Director, Backdrop Education;
- Alison Ley, Lead, Engagement Model Delivery, Department for Education; Research and Development Manager, Castle Hill School and Director, Pennine Teaching School Alliance;
- Tim Oates, Group Director, Assessment Research and Development, Cambridge Assessment; and
- A senior speaker confirmed from NFER.
Further confirmed speakers include: Professor Cathy Burnett, United Kingdom Literacy Association and Sheffield Hallam University; Claire Harnden, South Farnham Educational Trust; Tiffnie Harris, ASCL; Kerry-Jane Packman, Parentkind; Professor Gordon Stobart, Institute of Education, UCL and Oxford University Centre for Educational Assessment, University of Oxford; and Cassie Young, Brenzett CoE Primary School, Kent.
Tracy Brabin MP, Shadow Minister for Education and Baroness Perry of Southwark have kindly agreed to chair this seminar.