Academy Ambassadors is always keen to hear from high calibre business leaders interested in giving back to young people. You can get involved by applying directly to a current board opportunity. You can also register your interest in joining our pool of candidates if there are no roles available to suit your preferred location and skill set.
To apply for a specific trust role, view our current board opportunities and apply by submitting your CV, an expression of interest and contact details.
To join our candidate pool, check you fit the broad criteria Eligibility for the Academy Ambassadors Candidate Pool required to become a non-executive director at an academy trust and send us your CV via the steps below:
- Express your interest: submit your CV and contact details to Academy Ambassadors or call us on 0207 952 8556.
- Have a telephone call with one of our Senior Advisers who will talk through your experience and the eligibility criteria. If you both agree an academy trust board role is suitable, the adviser will discuss the type of trust that would fit your skills, location and interest. We will then contact you when a suitable role becomes available. If an academy trust role is not suitable we can refer you to other partners.
- Review potential trust matches: since we only make introductions when location, skillset, ethos and objectives are compatible, the matching process can take a matter of weeks or it could take a number of months.
- Decide if you would like to go forward for shortlisting by the trust.
- When you are shortlisted for a role, meet the trust and decide if the match could work in principle.
- Go forward for interview. Please note all appointments are subject to Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and reference checks by the trust.
- Connect: as a Non-Executive Director you join the Academy Ambassadors alumni; a network of senior business leaders, including CEOs and professional partners who share their experiences through events, mentoring and online.
Sharing data: Academy Ambassadors (AA) is part of the charity, New Schools Network (NSN. AA’s service is supported and funded by the Department for Education (DfE) and we work in partnership with the Inspiring Governance service (IG) run by the Education and Employers Taskforce. Please email a reply or contact [email protected] if you do not want to share information provided to AA with IG and DfE.