- CEO/ General Management
- Education (Primary)
- Education Leadership
Tapton School Academy Trust in Sheffield seeks two new non-executives/directors - with experience in either education at primary school level or finance/accountancy - to join the board. Board meetings are held at S10 5RG when safe to do so.
TSAT was formed in 2012 when Tapton School was asked to sponsor Chaucer School. Since that time Southey Green, Meynell and Wisewood Primaries along with Forge Valley Secondary have been sponsored and Hillsborough and Hallam Primaries have each chosen to convert and join the trust.
The trust serves a very diverse community. Whilst some families might be viewed as relatively advantaged the majority of the children in the trust come from areas of significant deprivation. TSAT values the needs of all its children. It recognises and celebrates different abilities, aptitudes and interests and believe that everyone can develop through dedication and hard work, and leave pupils fully prepared for successful lives.
The board seeks two business leaders with significant experience in:
- Primary Education Leadership or
- CFO/Finance/ Financial Management/ Accounting/ Financial Accountability
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in managing the following over the next 12 – 24 months:
- Covid Recovery - risk management, curriculum, budgets.
- Sustainable Trust - including growth and capacity.
- A Great Place to Work - staff well-being, recruitment and retention.
By working in close partnership, the trust aims to transform all its learners and support all its schools on their journey to ‘outstanding’.
Board governance in education is a strategic, ‘eyes on, hands off’ commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours’ time per month.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our ambassador network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role.
All roles are pro bono.
People from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Please register your interest now to be considered for the role.
A full trust specification is available here: Tapton Schools Academy Trust_fullspecification_2021.pdf
Please be aware the closing date may change if we have received sufficient applications.