- Change Management
Could you be an Academy Ambassador in Doncaster? The Rose Learning Trust seeks two non-executives/directors to join its board. Board meetings are held at DN4 0LT when safe to do so.
The Academy Ambassadors programme brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at multi-academy trusts (MATs) throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success.
TRLT currently comprises seven primary schools located across the Doncaster area, and is excited about the prospect of further growth in the future and the development of new partnerships. Four of the schools were judged Good by Ofsted when last inspected and the others were judged as Requires Improvement. The senior leaders are aware of the need to target resources to drive-up the quality and standards and ensure that all schools are at least Good when next inspected.
Just over one-quarter of pupils are eligible for Free School Meals (FSM) and almost one-third are eligible for the Pupil Premium (PP) grant which are indicators of deprivation; both figures are above national averages. The proportion of pupils in the trust that are identified as having Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) and those with English as an Additional Language (EAL) is broadly average.
The board seeks two business leaders with board level experience in
- IT/Technology or
- Legal/Compliance or
- Branding/Marketing or
- Change Management
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 – 24 months:
- Education – The trust aims to continue improving and sustaining outcomes in all academies to ensure the quality of education is good or better.
- Improvement – The trust wishes to develop and increase its capacity for improvement
- Finance – Continue to build reserves in order to ensure financial viability and sustainability
Board governance in education is a strategic, ‘eyes on, hands off’ commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours’ time per month.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our ambassador network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role.
All roles are pro bono.
People from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Please register your interest now to be considered for the role.
A full trust specification is available here: The Rose Learning Trust_Full Role Specification_2021.pdf
Please be aware the closing date may change if we have received sufficient applications.