- CEO/ General Management
- Organisational Development
Could you be an Academy Ambassador and make a difference to the education sector by joining an academy trust board in Leicester? Rise Multi Academy Trust seeks two non-executives/directors to join its board. Board meetings are held in Syston, Leicestershire when safe to do so.
Applicants of all faiths and of none are welcomed.
The Academy Ambassadors programme brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at multi-academy trusts (MATs) throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success.
Rise Multi Academy Trust (RMAT) is made up of twelve Church of England primary schools in three largely geographic clusters across the Diocese of Leicester. The trust seeks two new non-executive directors/trustees, ideally with a background professional finance, but are open to candidates with other areas of expertise.
RMAT’s twelve primary academies are located in rough clusters within the Leicester Local Authority in the East Midlands. The trust serves around 2200 pupils across its academies and employs in the region of 365 staff and manages a budget of around £12m. All the schools within the Trust are currently rated Good by Ofsted.
The trust aspires to be a family of happy, successful schools where well-being is highly valued and children are inspired to live life to the full. Its values are: Collaborative, Inclusive, Compassionate, Truthful, Respectful.
The board seeks two business leaders with board level experience in:
- Finance Manager/Director or CFO or
- General Management, Organisational Leadership
- Trustee experience
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 – 24 months:
- Building upon its secure and stable foundations as a family of schools and raise standards for pupils further.
- Remaining financially strong through effective clustering of schools, a clear growth strategy and robust financial planning.
- Strengthening the Christian distinctiveness within the RISE family of schools.
Board governance in education is a strategic, ‘eyes on, hands off’ commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours’ time per month.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our ambassador network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role.
All roles are pro bono.
People from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Please register your interest now to be considered for the role.
A full trust specification is available here: Rise MAT_Full role specification_March2021.pdf
Please be aware the closing date may change if we have received sufficient applications.