- Change Management
- Corporate Governance
- Growth Management
- Human Resources
Could you be an Academy Ambassador in Bolton? Prosper Multi Academy Trust seeks two non-executive directors/trustees to join its board. Board meetings are held at BL3 6TQ when safe to do so.
The Academy Ambassadors programme brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at multi-academy trusts (MATs) throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success.
Prosper Multi Academy Trust (MAT) was set-up as a MAT but currently only governs Bolton Muslim Girls’ School, a secondary-age (11-16) school located just south of Bolton’s town centre. All students are from minority ethnic backgrounds, the majority being of Indian and Pakistani heritage, and most speak English as an additional language. Only a very small minority are at the early stages of English language acquisition. At its last inspection it was judged to be ‘outstanding’ and its performance has been consistently better than local and national averages. The proportion of students known to be eligible for the pupil premium (a measure of disadvantage) is broadly similar to the national average. The school has 70 staff supporting just over 630 students, and a budget of just over £3.5m. Sadly, the trust was not successful in a recent bid submitted to the DfE to open a new Free School but they are keen to learn from the experience and will seek refresh/re-work the proposal when further opportunities arise.
The board seeks two business leaders with board level corporate governance experience, and skills in one or more of the below:
- human resources or
- branding/marketing or
- growth management or
- legal/compliance or
- change management
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 – 24 months:
- Growth and expansion of the trust through collaborative working, partnership and sharing best practices with local schools, Seek opportunities to open up new schools through the government’s Free Schools policy.
- Maintain the quality and standards of education and balancing it with financial sustainability and economies of scale.
- Continue to build up and develop the School Improvement Team through excellent CPDs and recruitment retention strategies.
Board governance in education is a strategic, ‘eyes on, hands off’ commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours’ time per month.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our ambassador network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role.
All roles are pro bono.
People from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Please register your interest now to be considered for the role.
A full trust specification is available here: Prosper MAT Fullspec FINAL March 21.pdf
Please be aware the closing date may change if we have received sufficient applications.