- Change Management
- Corporate Governance
- Growth Management
- Property/Estate management
Are you a marketing or property/estates management professional looking to make a difference to the education sector by joining an academy trust board? Potential in Everyone Academy Trust in Kent seeks two non-executives/directors to join its board. Board meetings are held at ME9 0RL when safe to do so.
The Academy Ambassadors programme brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at multi-academy trusts (MATs) throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the trust at the point of merger and expansion. Potential in Everyone Academy Trust (PiEAT) was established on 1st August 2017 and currently has four primary schools within the Swale area. With the merger this will swell to 10 schools with two of the new schools being Requires Improvement Ofsted rating. There are pockets of deprivation within the community and the trust has an increased number of children with special education needs attending the schools and a growing number of children with English as a second language.
The board seeks two business leaders with board level experience in
- Marketing/branding or
- Property/Estate Management or
- Growth/Change Management or
- Corporate Governance
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 – 24 months:
- Trust merger– the trust is merging with another to form ‘Our Community Academy Trust’. PiEAT remains the operational trust
- Estate Infrastructure
- School improvement – with trust will be supporting two RI schools within the next 24 months
Board governance in education is a strategic, ‘eyes on, hands off’ commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours’ time per month.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our ambassador network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role. All roles are pro bono.
Please register your interest now to be considered for the role.
A full trust specification is available here: Potential in Everyone Academy Trust Specification Feb 2021.pdf
Please be aware the closing date may change if we have received sufficient applications.