- CEO/ General Management
- Change Management
- Committee member
- Corporate Governance
- Growth Management
Non-executive director/ Trustee role
The Pioneer Academy in Bromley seeks one non-executive/director expertise to join its board. Board meetings are held at BR6 7EA when safe to do so.
The Academy Ambassadors programme brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at multi-academy trusts (MATs) throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success.
The Pioneer Academy currently has eleven primary schools in Croydon, Bexley, Bromley and Edenbridge and specialises in bringing on board primary schools that are in difficulty, often located in areas of high deprivation. The Trust has a pupil population of 4,630 children and around 690 staff with a £20 million budget and has grown steadily since its conception in 2012 with possibility of creating hubs in Kent and Manchester areas. This is an opportunity for a PR/Communications professional to guide the trust on promoting and celebrating their achievements to enable continued sustainable growth.
The board seeks one business leaders with board level experience in one or more of the following:
- Branding/ Marketing
- Community Connections
- Corporate/Charity/School Governance
- Growth/change management
- CEO/Strategic Leadership
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 – 24 months:
- Covid-19 Recovery – provide strategic perspective to support executive leaders to continue to manage through a global pandemic and prepare for changes in the way they run schools
- Putting inclusion at the heart of every school
- Staff recruitment and retention
Board governance in education is a strategic, ‘eyes on, hands off’ commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours’ time per month.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our ambassador network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role.
All roles are pro bono.
People from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Please register your interest now to be considered for the role.
A full trust specification is available here: The Pioneer Academy Full Trust Specification December 2020.pdf
Please be aware the closing date may change if we have received sufficient applications.