- HR (Employment Law / Industrial Relations)
- Human Resources
- Social Media
Could you be an Academy Ambassador in Bradford? Nurture Academies Trust seeks three new non-executives/directors to join its board.
The Academy Ambassadors programme brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at multi-academy trusts (MATs) throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success.
Across the six academies in the trust, Nurture Academies Trust provides for around 2,593 pupils. It employs over 465 staff and has a budget of almost £13.8m.
The trust has an average population of 26.9% of children entitled to free School meals. The average population of children who have been entitled to free school meals at any point within the last six years is 30.3%.
55.3% of the children within the trust are recorded as having English as an additional language.
The board seeks three business leaders with expertise in
- human resources
- risk management or
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 – 24 months:
- Post Covid recovery.
- The trust in November 2018 took on school deemed to be inadequate by OFSTED in its inspection of the school in January 2018. This was a sponsored school. The challenge is to ensure that it is judged at least Good in its next inspection.
- Two of the trust's schools were deemed to Require Improvement by OFSTED when inspected in autumn term of 2019. The trust has the task of ensuring that they are sufficiently improved to be judged at least Good when they are inspected around two years from the last inspections.
- The trust is reviewing its approach to reading as this is the area which creates most vulnerability for children when taking single academy trusts.
Board governance in education is a strategic, ‘eyes on, hands off’ commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours’ time per month.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our ambassador network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role. All roles are pro bono.
Please register your interest now to be considered for the role.
A full trust specification is available here: Nurture Academies Trust_ROLE SPECIFICATION_Oct2020.docx
Please be aware the closing date may change if we have received sufficient applications.