- Education (Secondary)
- Education (Primary)
- Education Leadership
- Education Sector
Northampton Primary Academy Trust in Northampton seeks one non-executives/director with a demonstrated history in educational leadership to join its board. Board meetings are held at Headlands Primary School, Northampton, when safe to do so.
The Academy Ambassadors programme brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at multi-academy trusts (MATs) throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success.
NPAT was formed in 2012 by a group of schools in Northampton who believed that by working together they could achieve something truly special for children across Northampton Town. The trust was created from a group of five founder primary schools, and now consists of ten schools with an eleventh which legally sits outside the trust as ‘stand-alone’ because it is a Church of England school and there as some complexities in terms of the way church schools link with secular trusts. In practice all schools work together and operationally the trust sees itself as having eleven schools; this is one example of the inclusive and co-operative approach within the trust.
The board seeks one business leaders with board level experience in
- Educational Leadership
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 – 24 months:
- Ongoing sustainable growth to over 15 academies
- Enable all schools to achieve at least above average outcomes.
- Ensuring that a financially robust central services grow ‘just in time’ to support the growth of the trust
Board governance in education is a strategic, ‘eyes on, hands off’ commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours’ time per month.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our ambassador network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role. All roles are pro bono.
Please register your interest now to be considered for the role.
Please be aware the closing date may change if we have received sufficient applications.
A full trust specification is available here: