- Education (Secondary)
- Education (Primary)
- Education Leadership
- Education Sector
Could you be an Academy Ambassador in Northamptonshire? Nene Education Trust seeks one non-executives/directors to join its board.
The Academy Ambassadors programme brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at multi-academy trusts (MATs) throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success. Board meetings are held at multiple schools in and around the villages of Raunds, Rushden and Woodford near Wellingborough, Northamptonshire.
Nene Education Trust is seeking one new trustee/ non-executive directors with strong senior executive skills with an understanding of finance or education and ideally corporate governance and growth management experience to further strengthen the strategic governance of the trust. The trust prides itself on celebrating their students’ achievement, raising their aspirations and developing their character. Board meetings are held at the schools which are in the villages of Raunds, Rushden and Woodford near Wellingborough, Northamptonshire.
The board seeks one business leaders with expertise in
- Finance or
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 – 24 months:
- Growth of the trust - to the extent that the trust grows it is essential to ensure that the correct personnel are at the heart of this. A growing central support team and effective school improvement strategy are key components to continuing the success of the Nene Education Trust.
- Buildings - The management and development of the estate of schools is a key challenge. A strategic ten year plan for the development of the estate alongside realising funding to ensure this happens is a crucial next step. The trust is keen to secure funding approx. £4.5m to provide the additional teaching space needed.
- Value for Money - The growth of the trust offers the opportunity to find greater value for money regarding the contracts and services used by all the schools. The trust is committed to delegating more funding directly to schools to maximise the impact on learning and progress.
Board governance in education is a strategic, ‘eyes on, hands off’ commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours’ time per month.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our ambassador network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role. All roles are pro bono.
Please register your interest now to be considered for the role.
Please be aware the closing date may change if we have received sufficient applications.
A full trust specification is available here: