- Corporate Governance
- Education Leadership
The Learning for life Partnership in Cheshire East seeks two non-executives/directors with experience in education/multi-disciplined organisation governance; and communications, to join its board. Board meetings are held at CW2 5GP when safe to do so.
The Academy Ambassadors programme brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at multi-academy trusts (MATs) throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success.
The LfLP currently consists of five primary schools: Shavington Primary School (Ofsted ‘Good’), Wheelock Primary School (Ofsted ‘Outstanding’), Wistaston Church Lane Academy (Ofsted ‘Good’), Leighton Academy and Daven Primary School (Ofsted ‘Requires Improvement’).
The schools within the LfLP work collaboratively, sharing expertise and are developing an aligned core curriculum offer that is stimulating and motivating children to love learning. As an ‘outward-looking’ organisation the trust seeks to learn from others as well as its own good practice and expertise.
The trust plans to grow in a controlled and gradual manner. However, the key aims during the current year are to work on the improvement of standards and educational outcomes within the current pandemic.
The board seeks two business leaders with board level experience in:
- Education/Multi-disciplined organization governance or
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 – 24 months:
- To manage Covid implications.
- To continue improving the two schools rated 'Requires Improvement' – the trust aims to ensure these are both rated as at least 'Good';
- To further develop its central hub which provides individual and quality services to its schools including HR, Finance and ICT support, whilst increasing opportunities for collaboration and over the longer term, the trust is looking to manage the risk factors associated with growth, as well as balancing the targeted improvement of educational outcomes with sustainable financial management.
Board governance in education is a strategic, ‘eyes on, hands off’ commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours’ time per month.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our ambassador network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role.
All roles are pro bono.
People from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Please register your interest now to be considered for the role.
A full trust specification is available below.
Please be aware the closing date may change if we have received sufficient applications.