- Change Management
- Growth Management
- HR (Employment Law / Industrial Relations)
- Organisational Development
- Property/Estate management
Could you be an Academy Ambassador in Wiltshire? King Alfred Trust seeks two non-executives/directors to join its board. Board meetings are held at SN9 5EJ when safe to do so.
The Academy Ambassadors programme brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at multi-academy trusts (MATs) throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success.
King Alfred Trust is a small academy trust consisting of two primary schools aiming to grow to five schools by 2025. The trust board currently oversees 300 pupils and is planning towards an increase to 1000-1200 pupils by 2025. The trust is based in the Pewsey area of Wiltshire. KAT was recently congratulated with a local award for their successful work with children eligible to receive Pupil Premium monies (children currently or previously in receipt of Free School Meals). The trust seeks non-executive directors/trustees with expertise in Human Resources, Marketing & Communication and/or Estate Management.
The board seeks two business leaders with board level experience in:
- Human Resources or
- Organisational Development or
- Branding/Marketing/Communications or
- Growth/Change Management or
- Estate/Facilities Management/H&S
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 – 24 months:
- Growth – to grow at a measured pace to 1000-1200 pupils by 2025.
- School Improvement - to support and enable growth whilst maintaining high standards and pupil outcomes in its existing schools.
- Succession Planning –to manage the future succession of the trustees in a planned way
Board governance in education is a strategic, ‘eyes on, hands off’ commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours’ time per month.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our ambassador network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role.
All roles are pro bono.
Please register your interest now to be considered for the role.
A full trust specification is available here: King Alfred Trust Specification Jan 2021.pdf
Please be aware the closing date may change if we have received sufficient applications.