- Human Resources
- Property/Estate management
Are you a CFO, Legal, Estates or HR professional looking to make a difference to the education sector by joining an academy trust board at the point of opening?
Inclusive Education Trust, a special educational needs (SEND) focused trust, based in Surrey, seeks three non-executives/directors to join its board. Board meetings are held at Guildford GU2 8AA when safe to do so.
The Academy Ambassadors programme brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at multi-academy trusts (MATs) throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success.
Inclusive Education Trust will be comprised of one primary school and two 5-16 schools in Surrey with a combined budget of £3.2 million. All three schools are Ofsted rated Outstanding. All students have SEND (Special Educational Needs and Disabilities) and have been or at risk of exclusion from mainstream school and circa 50% of pupils in the trust’s schools are Free School Meal recipients. The trust will be led by a National Leader of Education with a focus on staff CPD alongside delivering purpose driven curriculum and maintaining the Ofsted Outstanding judgements. This is an exciting opportunity to join the trust at this early stage and make a huge impact to the students and communities the trust serves.
The board seeks three business leaders with board level experience in
- human resources or
- legal or
- finance at CFO level or
- estates/property management (experience working with local authorities would be highly regarded)
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 – 24 months:
- Maintain high standards and outstanding Ofsted results whilst providing more CPD opportunities to staff within the trust
- Management and ongoing maintenance of the premises which are in need of upgrade to be conducive to learning
- Ensure the ongoing financial stability of the trust, mitigating any potential changes to funding in the complex environment of SEND funding
Board governance in education is a strategic, ‘eyes on, hands off’ commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours’ time per month.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our ambassador network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role. All roles are pro bono.
Please register your interest now to be considered for the role.
A full trust specification is available here: Inclusive Education Full Trust specification Feb 2021.pdf
Please be aware the closing date may change if we have received sufficient applications.