- Education (Secondary)
- Education Leadership
- Education Sector
Could you be an Academy Ambassador in Bedford? HEART Academies Trust seeks a non-executive director to join its board.
The Academy Ambassadors programme brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at multi-academy trusts (MATs) throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success.
HEART Academies Trust in Bedford seeks a non-executive director with experience as a senior leader in a school to join this trust of four schools. The core aim of the trust is to create a family of academies who are at the heart of their community delivering great education and improving life chances for all; we value the dreams and aspirations of everyone in our community. Their overwhelming belief is that every child can be successful, both personally and academically, with early and effective help from staff that know and value them as an individual. They have high expectations of all members of our schools; children, young people and professionals alike are challenged and supported to achieve their very best. The Trust manages a £14m budget annually. Meetings are held in Bedford.
The board seeks business leaders with expertise in
- Headteacher/ SLT in a primary or secondary school
- Change/Stakeholder Management
- an understanding of Ofsted
- Data analysis
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 – 24 months:
1. To achieve greater financial stability through the growth of the trust and the consequential benefits of attracting and retaining talent; sharing and pooling of common resources; and working more efficiently with greater amounts of expertise.
2. Year on year improvement in student outcomes across all stages but in particular at primary (Key Stage 2)
3. To achieve greater educational consistency by achieving an equally high quality learning experience for all students irrespective of the school they attend through curriculum development, streamlined leadership and increased collaboration.
Board governance in education is a strategic, ‘eyes on, hands off’ commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours’ time per month.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our ambassador network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role. All roles are pro bono.
Please register your interest now to be considered for the role.
A full trust specification is available here:
Please be aware the closing date may change if we have received sufficient applications.