- Change Management
Could you be an Academy Ambassador in the Southampton area? Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Southampton and Portsmouth Academy Trust (HISP Academy Trust) seeks one non-executives/directors to join its board. The Academy Ambassadors programme brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at multi-academy trusts (MATs) throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success.
HISP Academy Trust is a newly formed MAT with one school at present but with another two schools joining from June/July 2020 (bringing the total of one secondary and two primaries), alongside a strong education improvement program that delivers to the region. There is a strong drive for growth to deliver teaching excellence more widely. The trust seeks a new trustee with a finance background and who is a qualified accountant to assist with this growth and to drive school improvement whilst undergoing organisational change. The MAT is situated in the Southampton area and board meetings currently take place remotely but when safe to do so will be held at Thornden School, Eastleigh, Hants, SO5 32DW.
The board seeks one business leader with expertise in:
- CFO/Qualified Accountant/Finance Director
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 – 24 months:
- Ensure that the multi-academy trust has a stable, capable and properly resourced structure which can drive growth and deliver at scale
- Construct and deliver a strong expansion plan for the MAT
- Maintain and improve the performance of the existing academies whilst undergoing expansion
Board governance in education is a strategic, ‘eyes on, hands off’ commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year (plus some interim growth project meetings). Input is estimated at 8 hours time per month.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our alumni network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role.
All roles are pro bono.
Please submit your application by clicking on the register your interest button. A full trust specification is available HISP Academy Trust Specification 2020.pdf
We strongly recommend applying as early as you can to have the best possible chance of being considered as we may change the closing date if we have received sufficient applications.