- Corporate Governance
- Education (Primary)
- Education Leadership
- Education Sector
- Organisational Development
- Property/Estate management
Could you be an Academy Ambassador in north Bristol and South Gloucestershire? Endeavour Academy Trust seeks two non-executives/directors to join its board. Board meetings are held in North Bristol.
The Academy Ambassadors programme brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at multi-academy trusts (MATs) throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success.
With academies based in areas of high deprivation in north Bristol and South Gloucestershire, Endeavour Academy Trust has over 1,000 pupils, 30% of which are eligible for free school meals. The trust seeks to appoint two non-executive directors to oversee the trust’s delivery of its vision and mission and development of a new three-year strategy in conjunction with the newly appointed CEO (April 2019) and newly appointed chair (July 2020).
The board seeks two leaders with expertise in
- Primary Education Leadership or
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 – 24 months:
- Teaching and learning: raise attainment and ensure consistently strong education standards
- Organisation development and succession planning
- Growth: the trust has longer term ambitions to grow further
Board governance in education is a strategic, ‘eyes on, hands off’ commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours’ time per month.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our ambassador network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role.
All roles are pro bono.
Please register your interest now to be considered for the role.
A full trust specification is available here: Endeavour Academy Trust - Full Trust Specification OCT 2020.pdf
Please be aware the closing date may change if we have received sufficient applications.