- Health and Safety
- Human Resources
Could you be an Academy Ambassador in Cumbria? Cumbria Education Trust seeks three non-executives/directors to join its board.
The Academy Ambassadors programme brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at multi-academy trusts (MATs) throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success.
Cumbria Education Trust is a growing multi academy trust for primary and secondary schools in Cumbria. It was formed in September 2015 in response to an invitation from the Department for Education. CET is a not-for-profit charitable organisation. The trust currently has 11 schools - 8 primary and 3 secondary schools. Due to strategic succession planning the board is seeking to appoint up to three new trustee/non-executive directors possessing skills in HR, Marketing/communications and Charity or Health experience. Board meetings are held in Carlisle and remotely through Microsoft Teams; applicants of all faiths and of none are welcomed.
The board seeks three business leaders with expertise in:
- Human Resources or
- Marketing/communications or
- Charity or Health experience
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 – 24 months:
- Raising standards, opportunities and aspirations across the trust;
- Delivering consistent, effective, coherent and pro-active support services across the trust;
- Refine and develop the trust's future growth strategy;
- Developing effective governance at all levels across the trust.
Board governance in education is a strategic, ‘eyes on, hands off’ commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours’ time per month.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our ambassador network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role. All roles are pro bono.
Please register your interest now to be considered for the role.
A full trust specification is available here: Cumbria Education Trust - FINAL - October 2020.docx
Please be aware the closing date may change if we have received sufficient applications.