- Human Resources
Are you a legal or HR professional looking to make a difference to the education sector by joining an academy trust board? Create Partnership Trust in Birmingham seeks a non-executive director/trustee to join its board. Board meetings are held at B28 9AA, when safe to do so – currently meetings are held remotely.
The Academy Ambassadors programme brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at academy trusts throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success.
Create Partnership Trust seeks a trustee to join the Board. Candidates will possess senior level experience in a medium or large organisation, and a proven track record in legal or HR. Applicants of all faiths and of none are welcomed. The trust seeks to ensure the board has a broad and diverse make up that is representative of the communities it represents, bringing a balance of skills, knowledge and experience in thought, expertise and lived experience, in order to offer the best range of perspective, and the best support and challenge to the leaders it holds to account.
The board seeks one business leader with board level experience in
- human resources or
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 – 24 months:
- School improvement – continuing the different journeys for each school, aiming for consistently high performance through partnership working;
- Ambitious but sustainable growth – developing the business growth model balanced with robust financial management and risk mitigation;
- The management of change - whilst improving total school and employee performance.
Over the next 12-18 months, the trust is aiming to grow further, either by being joined by at least one more school, or through collaboration with other organisations. It is developing its central services infrastructure to support the schools’ business operations, enabling each school to focus on teaching and learning, and continuing to provide high quality educational opportunities for its children.
Board governance in education is a strategic, ‘eyes on, hands off’ commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours’ time per month.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our ambassador network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role. All roles are pro bono.
Please register your interest now to be considered for the role.
A full trust specification is available here: Create Partnership Trust Specification form - FINAL - Nov2020.docx
Please be aware the closing date may change if we have received sufficient applications.