- CEO/ General Management
- Corporate Governance
Kensington Aldridge Academy is an accomplished, forward-thinking single academy trust located in Kensington, London. The trust seeks a skilled leader from the private, public or voluntary sector, experienced in strategic governance to become chair and join the engaged and knowledgeable board and relevant sub-committees.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced leader, passionate about addressing social disadvantage, to step into this role and continue the great work the trust board and KAA leadership team has achieved thus far. The incoming candidate will be able to work alongside the current Chair in the spring & summer of 2021.
Kensington Aldridge Academy (KAA) opened in 2014 and serves a community of 1,250 students aged 11-18. Two thirds of students qualify for the “Pupil Premium” (the government’s index of deprivation). KAA is now in its seventh year of operation, and at an exciting stage of its development. The school has been graded “outstanding” in all categories by Ofsted and results are consistently above national average.
The board seeks a business leader with the following experience:
- Chair/Vice Chair
- Non-executive/ Trustee
- Corporate Governance
- CEO/Managing Director
- Partnership working
- Change/Growth Management
- Succession Planning
As chair of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 – 24 months:
- Maintaining the Ofsted judgement of ‘outstanding’ and preparing for any upcoming OFSTED inspection.
- Working collaboratively with the lead and co-sponsor and partners to help define the KAA’s growth strategy and the consolidation of these plans.
- To work with the lead-sponsor, the co-sponsor, the board and other partners to define the nature of the role KAA plays within the Aldridge Education family
Board governance in education is a strategic, ‘eyes on, hands off’ commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours’ time per month.
As chair you will be responsible for:
- Providing strategic leadership and governance for the trust
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent whilst strategising for asset and risk management
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our ambassador network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role.
All roles are pro bono.
Please register your interest now to be considered for the role.
A full trust specification is available here: Kensington Aldridge Academy - Full Trust Specification Chair Role 2020.pdf
Please be aware the closing date may change if we have received sufficient applications.