- HR (Employment Law / Industrial Relations)
- Human Resources
Believe Engage Succeed Trust (BEST) seeks one non-executive director to join the Trust Board overseeing three specialist schools in Suffolk. The trust’s core purpose is to ensure that every child achieves personal development alongside vocational and academic success. Candidates should have senior experience of strategic HR, preferably recruitment and employment. Board meetings are normally held in Bury St. Edmunds. Currently, due to COVID-19, the trust are holding virtual Board meetings.
The board seeks business leaders with expertise in:
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 – 24 months:
- Improve the trust schools’ effectiveness: in supporting the personal development and academic achievements of all children, so that they can be the BEST that they can be and be confident citizens.
- Measured growth: to expand the trust’s offer in terms of both the range of services offered and the number of SEND and SEMH children being support across East Anglia.
- Ensuring all stakeholders are working together within the BEST umbrella. Creating a unified strategic horizon for the next 3-5 years.
Board governance in education is a strategic, ‘eyes on, hands off’ commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours’ time per month.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our Ambassadors alumni network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role. All roles are pro bono.
A full trust specification is available here. We strongly recommend applying as early as you can to have the best possible chance of being considered as we may change the closing date if we have received sufficient applications.