- Education (Secondary)
- Education (Primary)
- Education Leadership
- Education Sector
Non-executive director/ Trustee role
Could you be an Academy Ambassador in Bath and North East Somerset? Bath & Wells Diocesan Academies Trust seeks new non-executives/directors with primary/secondary education expertise to join its board.
Bath & Wells Diocesan Academies Trust is usually known as Bath & Wells Multi Academy Trust (BWMAT). The trust was established in 2012 so, with a number of terms of office due to end, the trust seeks new non-executive directors with finance, estates and primary/secondary/FE educational expertise to support its plans for growth.
The trust currently consists of 33 primary/infant/junior schools, ranging in size from 30-460 pupils and covering the 0-11 age range with 7 attached nurseries with the number of staff reaching 1400 and an annual budget of around £37 million. Board meetings are held at Flourish House, Cathedral Park, Wells, Somerset BA5 1FD.
The board seeks business leaders with expertise in:
- Education leadership in primary or
- Education leadership in secondary or
- Education leadership in FE education
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 – 24 months:
- Identifying the learning gaps due to Covid-19 and introducing a recovery curriculum
- Improving performance of vulnerable schools
- Growth plans to add more primary schools within Somerset
Board governance in education is a strategic, ‘eyes on, hands off’ commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours’ time per month.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our ambassador network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role.
All roles are pro bono.
Please register your interest now to be considered for the role.
A full trust specification is available here: Bath and Wells Multi Academy Trust - Full Trust Specification 2020.pdf
Please be aware the closing date may change if we have received sufficient applications.