- CEO/ General Management
- Company Secretary
- Growth Management
- HR (Employment Law / Industrial Relations)
- Human Resources
ACES Academy Trust is recruiting three new Non-Executive Directors and two Members to join the existing trust board during an exciting period of growth. ACES Academies Trust uses the mantra of Aspiration, Creativity and Excellence to create Success. This seeks to ignite the imaginations of young people, kindle ambition and fuel the creative energy of communities, so that students achieve excellence and become responsible global citizens. The trust seeks candidates that bring existing trustee experience, Audit and Risk or HR management or growth management. Board meetings are held in Huntingdon and on Zoom at present.
The board seeks business leaders with expertise in:
- Non-executive/ Trustee OR
- HR OR
- Corporate Governance OR
- Growth Management OR
- Audit and Risk
Three key challenges for the trust over the next 12-24 months are:
Growth - most especially finding growth in the secondary sector.
- Financial stability - the trust has a sustainable position for the next few years but little of substance to invest.
- Succession planning - it is likely that a number of trustees will step down in the next year or two and the trust wish to enhance the level of expertise on the Trust Board.
Board governance in education is a strategic, ‘eyes on, hands off’ commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours’ time per month.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our alumni network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role. All roles are pro bono.
We strongly recommend applying as early as you can to have the best possible chance of being considered as we may change the closing date if we have received sufficient applications.